At etc. we work each day to create a process for consigning that makes it easy to consign as well as keeping our business practices transparent to our customers. If, at any time you have any questions, please call the store (336-659-7786). We are happy to help you through our process and get you the answers you need.
There are two types of Consignments: Each scheduled by appt. on our website
1. Wait in the store:You bring your items in and we go through them while you wait. Any items not accepted along with your hangers are sent back with you.
2. Drop and Run: Drop and Run option is for established consignors only. Leave your items during your scheduled appointment time and we will donate anything we can't accept and will dispose of your hangers. Great option for those who don't want to wait.
Here are a few things to remember as you are preparing your items to consign:
For Clothing and Accessories:
- Clothing items should be neat, clean, pressed and on hangers, ready to go to the sales floor. Please review them for the following potential flaws:
- Holes, stains, pilling, fading or other damage.
- Missing buttons or fasteners, broken zippers
- Shoes should be free of stains and marks on the inside and out, as well as checked for money, wrappers or any other things left behind.
- Free of fragrance/odor
- Clothing in garbage bags will not be accepted (no exceptions)
- All items must be authentic. If we are unable to verify the authenticity we will be unable to accept it. ( See Authenticity tab under Consign)
Household items and Furniture:
- Home decor and household items must be clean and ready for display with all pieces/parts attached and in working order
- Small furniture items are accepted any day during out posted consignment hours
- Large piece(s) of furniture or upholstery need prior approval. We must determine if it meets our guidelines and if we currently have space on the sales floor.